Q. I'm going to try to be as detailed as possible here so keep with me:
I'm a graduate student in electrical engineering (my undergrad was in computer engineering and computer science) I make a living designing and debugging embedded microprocessor systems - so I am VERY well versed in the microprocessor world, but I have fallen behind the times when it comes to the most updated phones.
I am currently looking to get a new phone (I have had 2 android phones and have played with rooting both of them) I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S Epic (Sprint) *NOTE: I really like the fact that my phone has a hard-keyboard* But the issue is that my phone just isn't very responsive compared to others I have seen, my GF has an iPhone 4 for ATT and I fairly consistently find myself cursing at my phone and using her's if we are travelling and need to find something quickly.
But the next big question is what phone to get, I have toyed around with the idea of an iPhone 4S - which I would jail-break probably the same day I get it, but the problem is there are a lot of things that I need to do on occasion that the iPhone doesn't support very well (one time I needed to SSH into my server at my office to turn in an assignment, it would have been a huge pain to do on an iPhone based on the free apps I found - whereas with android I found an awesome free SSH program to use right away)
So the running theme here is I want to be able to root and customize my phone, whatever it ends up being. The other thing I noticed is that HTC (and maybe Samsung?) has released tools to allow customization of their phones (http://htcdev.com/). I really like the Samsung interface over the HTC so can anyone comment on developing for HTC vs. Samsung? Or I know the Nexus phones where kind of popular for a while, are those worth looking into?
To wrap up:
-Sprint contract up around thanksgiving
-Plan on switching to ATT
-Would like to stick with android as I am very familiar with it and I use google services VERY extensively (calendar/contacts/music/docs/etc..)
-Partial to Samsung's interface over HTC
-Hard-keyboard would be a huge plus but not essential
-Going to root the phone no mater what it is
-Occasionally need to have weird programs like VPN/SSH/SVN available, free and natively supported would be nice
-Battery power would be a huge plus, my phone currently lasts ~15 hours whereas my GF's iPhone 4 easily doubles that
-Ease of customization of the firmware/UI
-Long term support from the hacking community
-Possible use of phone with a docking station to turn it into more of a laptop would be a huge plus
Thanks in advance for your help!!
For "Embedded Man" below:
I took a class for embedded systems and was super interested in it, we worked with MCU/FPGA combo boards. I was a software engineer at the time, but decided to quit and take a coop at a local military embedded computing company where I kind of fell into a firmware engineering position. For them I developed uboot and EFI bootloaders. I also picked up a side project with a professor - we became friends and when he went on sabbatical to start a company he asked me to join. Becoming friends with a professor was the best thing that ever happened to me by far, without that experience and his recommendations I would have never gotten where I am. The startup ended up falling through (contracts with the Indian gov't are difficult to deal with... haha...). Then after I graduated undergrad that professor asked me to come back and do research for him while getting paid and having my school pay for a masters.
Overall I would say doing side projects are great
A. I know you said you want ATT, But the Verizon Droid 4 will fit your bill precisely. The droid 4 is basically a Droid RAZR with a slide out keyboard. Look into it at least. I think you will be impressed :)
"When plugged into the a dock, Motorola's Webtop mode reboots the phone into a desktop version of Linux running Firefox 8.0 with Flash, and also Android in a window."
PC mag review: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400053,00.asp
Droid 4 HD dock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agTCTRGuTZ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQeH26xxLWg
Droid 4 on lapdock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs0dCwahrFA
how much money could I get for all these things I'm selling?
Q. xbox 360 elite, 250gb, 2 controllers, and games (games are madden 2010, nhl 2k10, nba 2k10, vancouver 2k10, halo 3, halo 4, grand theft auto iv and theres 13 other games, 21 games in total)
wii console, with a wii docking station, 4 controllers and 4 nunchucks, 4 mario kart wheels and game, guitar hero 5 and guitar,2 maracas, 2 tennis bats, 2 golf sticks, 2 guns, wii fit and board, 36 games, some of the games are
- mario galaxy 1
- mario galaxy 2
- super smash bros brawl
- wii fit
- guitar hero 5 (with guitar)
- metallic guitar hero
- beatles guitar hero
- mario kart (with 4 wheels)
- super monkey balls banana blitz
- wii play
- wii music
- mario party 8
- new super mario bros
- super paper mario
- just dance 1
- just dance 2
- the simpsons game
- mario and sonic at the olympics
- sonic secret rings
- sonic unleashed
- cooking mama 1
- cooking mama 2
- my sims
- endless ocean
- spongebob
and more
- the sims 3 on pc
- sim points card
- the sims 3 world adventures
- the sims 3 design and high tech stuff
a toshia 9" portable dvd player (used 2 times)
40" panasonic plasma tv screen (nearly new)
psp go with 11 games down loaded on to it (used no more then 2 times, immaculate condition)
samsung hmx u10 camcorder with 16gb memory card (only been used once at cousins birthday for 10 minutes)
blackberry bold 9700 with 16gb memory card and a pink housing cover (less then 2 months old)
Panasonic Lumix TZ7 Digital Camera with 16gb memory card (cost over $250 and the 16gb memory card cost $45)
ipod touch 3rd gen 64gb with a juicy couture case (the case alone cost over $200 and the ipod cost over $350)
acer laptop with 500gb (cost over $1500) and only 3 months old
45 cds (all new jason derulo, justin bieber my worlds, 4 mariah careys cds, 3 michael jackson cds ect)
over 400 dvds (all new-ish releases, blind side, the orphan, paranormal activity, the unborn, my blood valentine,lovely bones) also the every box set of scrubs series 1-10, every box set of american dad, every box set of family guy)
a five foot bearded dragon vivarium, never been used, it has a thermostat, uv lights, fully varnished, plants, lamps, wood, bags of sand, and food bowls (cost over $300) and a bearded dragon. I built it and i was going to buy a bearded dragon and i decied not to in the end
three gucci purses (paid over $200 for each at the gucci store)
juicy couture sun glasses (paid over $170 for them 1 month ago and not worn yet)
3 juicy couture bags
A. I'll give you $1500 for everything cash money hundred dollar bills ya'll. im serious message me if you wanna sell.
How much money can I get for all of this.....i need to sell it quick?
Q. Hello, I currently am a teen girl living in London, UK at the moment, soon to move to california with my uncle... and to go to college.
I am aware that UK and USA have different region dvds and wii games and stuff...
so I selling basically everything I own and then I'm going to buy all new when I'm in the united states.. I have listed everything I own and I want to sell it all on ebay, in bundles.. like all the wii stuff, all the xbox stuff at once.
xbox 360 elite, 250gb, 2 controllers, and games (games are madden 2010, madden 2011, nhl 2k10, nba 2k10, vancouver 2k10, halo 3, halo 4, grand theft auto iv and theres 13 other games, 21 games in total)
wii console, with a wii docking station, 4 controllers and 4 nunchucks, 4 mario kart wheels and game, guitar hero 5 and guitar,2 maracas, 2 tennis bats, 2 golf sticks, 2 guns, wii fit and board, 36 games, some of the games are
- mario galaxy 1
- mario galaxy 2
- super smash bros brawl
- wii fit
- guitar hero 5 (with guitar)
- metallic guitar hero
- nhl 2k11
- beatles guitar hero
- mario kart (with 4 wheels)
- super monkey balls banana blitz
- wii play
- wii music
- mario party 8
- new super mario bros
- super paper mario
- just dance 1
- just dance 2
- the simpsons game
- mario and sonic at the olympics
- sonic secret rings
- sonic unleashed
- cooking mama 1
- cooking mama 2
- my sims
- endless ocean
- spongebob
and more
- the sims 3 on pc
- sim points card
- the sims 3 world adventures
- the sims 3 design and high tech stuff
(over $80 all together) and there still all sealed and never been open
a toshia 9" portable dvd player (used 2 times)
40" plasma tv screen (nearly new)
psp go with 11 games down loaded on to it (used no more then 2 times, immaculate condition)
samsung hmx u10 camcorder with 16gb memory card (only been used once at cousins birthday for 10 minutes)
blackberry bold 9700 with 16gb memory card and a pink housing cover (less then 2 months old)
Panasonic Lumix TZ7 Digital Camera with 16gb memory card (cost over $250 and the 16gb memory card cost $45)
ipod touch 3rd gen 64gb with a juicy couture case (the case alone cost over $200 and the ipod cost over $350)
- home cinema system (over $200)
- phillips dvd player ($125)
- ipod dock speakers (over $150)
acer laptop with 500gb (cost over $1500) and only 3 months old
45 cds (all new jason derulo, justin bieber my worlds, 4 mariah careys cds, 3 michael jackson cds ect)
over 400 dvds (all new-ish releases, blind side, the orphan, paranormal activity, the unborn, my blood valentine,lovely bones) also the every box set of scrubs series 1-10, every box set of american dad, every box set of family guy)
a five foot bearded dragon vivarium, never been used, it has a thermostat, uv lights, fully varnished, plants, lamps, wood, bags of sand, and food bowls (cost over $300) and a bearded dragon. I built it and i was going to buy a bearded dragon and i decied not to in the end
three gucci purses (paid over $200 for each at the gucci store)
juicy couture glasses (paid over $170 for them 1 month ago and not worn yet)
3 juicy couture bags
pleasee tell me if i can make over a thousand cause I really need to sell it QUICK
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A. You can really make over $5,000 with that kind of stuff have a sale quick.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers