Q. Without cell phone network, without wifi, without cell towers but with only sky above in vast deserts and completely humanless wilderness, will iphone gps and ipad gps work as real gps devices such as garmin or magellan brands?
It is very important for people on expeditions, treks. If they don't have gps, they can still use iphone. I found samsung gps seems to work when there's cell network..
Can 2 drivers with iphones track each other, locate each other, and know which direction to go to seethe other?
A. Free and inexpensive apps such as Google maps require a mobile connection to download mapping. Apps such as TomTom costing $40 to $60 download the mapping onto the device when installed and will work without a mobile connection provided overhead obstructions do not block reception from satellites. However, these apps are designed for road navigation, not off-roading or hiking. For that you need a hiking or topographic app or a unit such as Garmin's Trex series.
What electronics are in high demand in april 2011?
Q. I need to know what electronics (iphone, ipods, ipads, gps, laptop, tv, cell phones...etc) are in high demand and are popular right now and that are trending records haha thanks!
A. its about TV , cell phones , laptop , ipod , iphone (use gps on iphone "skobbler") , ipad ,and thats about it
What are some good, small pieces of technology that could be useful in a survival situation?
Q. I'm working on putting together my bug out bag. I'm making separate pouches with different gear, and mounting it to my MOLLE hydration carrier. I've got one pouch with my necessary survival essentials, ie compass, fire starting tools, multi tools, micro fishing kit, toothbrush (can't afford to have tooth problems), paper maps and a few other items. Now the second pouch has pieces of technology that can make bugging out easier. I've got a micro crank charger to power my electrical equipment, but I'm not sure what tech I should carry. I've got my iPad with GPS capability in there already and a few pens and a highlighter. What else should I put in it? Thanks.
A. UFOtech makes a great plasma derringer with a 9-round rechargeable clip that fits in the palm of your hand. It's great for taking down large game and govt. agents who attempt to harass you. Not so good for hunting small game (they tend to be vaporized, for the most part).
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Title : are iphone ipad gps real gps working in desert?
Description : Q. Without cell phone network, without wifi, without cell towers but with only sky above in vast deserts and completely humanless wildernes...