• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Tablet Answers

Your online source for your tablet problems.

  • Home
  • Apple
    • iPad
    • iPad 2
    • iPad 3
    • iPad 4
    • iPad Mini
    • iPad Apps
    • iPad Accessories
  • Amazon Kindle
    • Kindle
    • Kindle Touch
    • Kindle DX
    • Kindle Paperwhite
    • Kindle Fire
    • Kindle HD
    • Kindle Apps
    • Kindle Books
    • Kindle Accessories
  • Samsung
    • Galaxy Tab
    • Galaxy Note
    • Smartphones
    • Accessories
  • Operating System
    • Android
    • iOS
    • Windows Mobile
Home » Kindle » What is an kindle ebook series where all the books of the series are free?

What is an kindle ebook series where all the books of the series are free?

Q. I received a kindle for my birthday and I love it. Even though I love reading books in their physical form, some books are not available as such and the kindle is great for that. But sometimes I want to read that a good book that doesn't cost anything or at least only a few dollars. I recently read the Law of the Lycans series where all the books in the series were free and it was an absolutely spectacular series. I was just wondering if there was another series where all the books are free- or almost all- and has a good plot.

A. I read a lot of series totally free from the public library ebook program called Overdrive. I never buy books unless someone gives me a gift card and I read a lot. Here is my local site: http://dbooks.wplc.info/503E4505-859B-47D6-82A7-BA47EF6231CF/10/50/en/Default.htm

Here is the site. If you have just a kindle ereader then download the app to your laptop or tablet and transfer the books via a usb. If you have a kindle tablet like fire like I do you can download the free app right from the app store on the kindle fire. That way you dont need a computer and you can read kindle format books from your library or choose epub and read them right on the overdrive app on the kindle which is what I do. I read all epub books on my kindle on the overdrive app. If you have your local library card you can sign up now. The pin/pswd is usually your last 4 of your ssn or your library card or they ask you to create one.

http://www.overdrive.com/

http://www.overdrive.com/help-videos/

Original Question

Can you buy kindle books online and upload them to your kindle using the USB rather than whispernet?
Q. OKay so I just this Kindle, and I would like to buy and upload my books via USB than the whisper net. Is this possible or do I HAVE to use whispernet?

A. Yes, you can download via computer and then with your USB cable to the Kindle. Here's how:

To download your purchase to your computer at the time of purchase:

1. Select "Transfer via Computer" from the Deliver to: pull-down menu on the product detail page.
2. Save the file to your computer when prompted by your web browser.
3. Connect Kindle to your computer with the USB cable.
4. Use your computer's file browser to drag and drop the file to your Kindle.

Original Question

How in the world do you delete Kindle books from a Kindle Fire tablet?
Q. When Kindle books are on a Kindle Fire tablet and you have finished reading them, how do you delete them? I have a micro USB wire that attaches to my desktop computer, but still, I can't get rid of the books that I don't need anymore.

A. If you purchase an ebook from Amazon, you own it. It is in your Amazon "cloud." Go to "Books" on your kindle, and at the top you'll see "Device" and "Cloud". If you select "cloud", you'll see everything you've purchased on Amazon. If you select "device," you'll see only those items that are actually downloaded from your "cloud" onto your kindle itself. If you want to remove the item from your Kindle itself, hold your finger on the book title until a little menu comes up, where you can select "remove from device." When you do that, it removes the book from the Kindle itself and you will no longer see it when you select to view items on the "Device." However, the book will remain in your Amazon "cloud" because you own it, and Amazon saves everything you own for you in case you'd like to put it back on your Kindle.

If you've uploaded something from your computer onto your Kindle (movies, pictures, documents, etc) that you didn't actually purchase from Amazon, those items are not actually in your Amazon cloud and will be permanently removed from your Kindle when you select "remove from device."

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on Monday, October 7, 2013 - Rating: 4.5
Title : What is an kindle ebook series where all the books of the series are free?
Description : Q. I received a kindle for my birthday and I love it. Even though I love reading books in their physical form, some books are not available...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter

0 Response to "What is an kindle ebook series where all the books of the series are free?"

Post a Comment

Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • How do you change the lock screen wallpaper on my Kindle Fire HD?
    Q. I have a Kindle Fire HD, it doesn't have any of those "daily deals" or other ads on it. But i cant seem to find a way to c...
  • samsung galaxy note wont shut off after plugged into wall charger?
    Q. anytime i plug my phone in to charge after shutting it off it will turn itself back on but it continuously vibrates about a low battery ...
  • does samsung galaxy s3 have flash player?
    Q. does it have flash player? do i need to download it or is it pre-installed? how can i install it? if it doesn't then why because i ...
  • does samsung galaxy s3 have flash player?
    Q. does it have flash player? do i need to download it or is it pre-installed? how can i install it? if it doesn't then why because i ...
  • how to upgrade samsung galaxy mini 2 gt-s6500 to jellybean?
    Q. Please provide a full step by step guide to upgrade samsung galaxy mini 2 s6500 to android jellybean And I also wants to know what is th...
  • Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 won't charge?
    Q. Hello, I'm having a serious problem with my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1, it just won't charge. When I put the plug in there's ...
  • Does Samsung Galaxy S3 mini has Corning Gorilla Glass?
    Q. Also, what kind of screen does Galaxy S3 mini has? Glass or plastic? Thanks in advance! A. Based on GSMArena.com's summary, no it d...
  • Does the samsung galaxy s3 need screen protector?
    Q. I just took the screen protector off because I couldn't take it anymore. I got the anti reflection one and it make it look so bad. A...
  • How do i download apps on my kindle fire hd without a credit card?
    Q. I got a kindle fire hd for christmas and i want to download free apps, but when i click download it says i have to do this 1 click purch...
  • Can I connect the Samsung Galaxy s3 to Virgin mobile?
    Q. I'm planning to buy the Samsung Galaxy s3 from Sprint, however I'm using virgin mobile since its cheaper. Since Virgin mobile i...
Copyright © 2012 Tablet Answers - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger