Q. I have an old Verizon Wireless Blackberry Bold (think it's a Blackberry Bold 9650). I would like to unlock it so that I can use the phone with a SIM card from a cheap pre-paid service, like Straight Talk or SimpleMobile or something like that. Can it be done? And can I port my phone number over to the Blackberry. (I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I want to get off of Verizon even though my Early Termination Fee (ETF) will be like $230). Thoughts??
A. Even if unlocking was possible for them, neither Straight Talk or Net10 allow any Blackberry model to be used with their prepaid SIM program. SIMple Mobile does, though.
The problem is that while the Blackberry Bold 9650 phone might be dual GSM/CDMA capable. The ones sold through Verizon have the domestic GSM portion locked out via phone programming and locks. Those locks are possible to bypass though, but it is not recommended for novices to attempt, as a failure to bypass properly will yield a bricked phone.
I am fully with you as far as wanting to get away from Verizon. I just completed my contract with them last month, and ported out from them, and yet they still are trying to bill me for services no longer being rendered, claiming that it is "policy".
Whats the best unlocked phone thst works for at&t sim?
Q. Im going to buy a phone on amazon and i want a good android unlocked phone with dual core. It has to be no more that $350.00. I was thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy s Advance. Is this a good phone? What about the Sony Xperia P or U? Are there any other good unlocked smartphones with a reasonable price range?
A. ¤ S advance is nice but it hasn't got any updates whatsoever.it's stuck on old gingerbread.so u can't enjoy the new features of ICS or JB on it.galaxy s3 mini is a much better choice than s advance as it has more ram and comes with android 4.1 preinstalled.
¤ i don't recommend xperia u.it has only 8 gb internal storage(6 gb free to the user) and it doesn't support micro SD card.so storage might be a problem on it.
¤ xperia p - it has got an update to ICS and Sony has promised a JB update to it as well.it has 16 gb internal storage though it's non expandable but i think it should be enough for u.
Some other alternatives that u can also have a luk at are- htc one s,galaxy s2/s2 plus and galaxy grand.
Should I get a knockoff version of the Samsung Galaxy S4?
Q. I'm thinking of getting a clone of the S4, and it seems to be very good. Is it worth getting? I saw a review on it, and it seems to be very nice.
Here is the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51CmXEDoNRo
Here is the link to the clone:
http://www.priceangels.com/PA-i9500-S4-1-1-MTK6589-Quad-Core-Smartphone-Android-4-2-9-Dual-Mode-Single-Standby-With-Dual-Camera-Wi-Fi-GPS-ROM-4G-4-7--HD-Screen-White--s377967.html
It's very cheap, and I want to make sure it'll get to where I am safely and work well. I'm also wondering if it's unlocked, so I can use my tracfone SIM card and use it on it.
Thanks in advance!
A. I am not sure you could get a phone company to activate service to a brand X phone. If you can, it looks like an excellent price.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Title : Can my Verizon Blackberry Bold be unlocked to use a pre-paid SIM card, like Straight Talk?
Description : Q. I have an old Verizon Wireless Blackberry Bold (think it's a Blackberry Bold 9650). I would like to unlock it so that I can use the ...