• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Tablet Answers

Your online source for your tablet problems.

  • Home
  • Apple
    • iPad
    • iPad 2
    • iPad 3
    • iPad 4
    • iPad Mini
    • iPad Apps
    • iPad Accessories
  • Amazon Kindle
    • Kindle
    • Kindle Touch
    • Kindle DX
    • Kindle Paperwhite
    • Kindle Fire
    • Kindle HD
    • Kindle Apps
    • Kindle Books
    • Kindle Accessories
  • Samsung
    • Galaxy Tab
    • Galaxy Note
    • Smartphones
    • Accessories
  • Operating System
    • Android
    • iOS
    • Windows Mobile
Home » Samsung Galaxy Iii Unlocked » How much would the difference be if I buy an unlocked phone on Black Friday?

How much would the difference be if I buy an unlocked phone on Black Friday?

Q. I know that it is still a month away from this awaited day, but I just want to make sure if it is really worth it to wait until Black Friday to buy a newly released unlocked phone (like Samsung Galaxy Note III, etc). This will be my first time to shop on a Black Friday, so I do not really know much about the deals. As much as I would want to buy a phone from a carrier like Verizon or Sprint, I will be out of the country for quite sometime, thus the 2-year contract is useless and I will be needing a sim too.

Any suggestions too in buying a new phone?

A. In general, there are no major Black Friday deals on phones that are at full MSRP, the deals are focused on phones with a contract, or for prepaid phones.

Original Question

What are the proper settings for T-Mobile (in the US) APN settings for Galaxy S III?
Q. I recently got my unlocked Samsung Galaxy S III on T-Mobile's prepaid plan, it started working out awesome, but I notice there is no T-Mobile APN network on the list.
Aren't I suppose to have one?
There are so many versions of T-Mobile's APN on the internet, but which one is the real one? How am I suppose to know which one works best/works in general?

A. What are the settings you are using now?
Here is one which seems to be working. I guess to know which one works best, you will have to try it out yourself :)

Name T-Mobile US
APN epc.tmobile.com
Proxy blank
Username blank
Password blank
Server wap.voicestream.com
MMSC http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy 216.155.165.50
MMS Port blank
MCC 310
MNC 260
Authentication type not set
APN Type default
APN protocol IPv4
Bearer unspecified

Original Question

Would a Straight Talk SIM Card work on Unlocked Android?
Q. I found a Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S III on the Best Buy website. If I put a GSM SIM Card from straight talk in the phone, would the calling, texting, and data work? What carriers coverage would it use and How fast is the Data on Straight Talk?

A. Yeah should work fine, just make sure you put in the APN settings for Internet data.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on Friday, December 27, 2013 - Rating: 4.5
Title : How much would the difference be if I buy an unlocked phone on Black Friday?
Description : Q. I know that it is still a month away from this awaited day, but I just want to make sure if it is really worth it to wait until Black Fr...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter

0 Response to "How much would the difference be if I buy an unlocked phone on Black Friday?"

Post a Comment

Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • How do you change the lock screen wallpaper on my Kindle Fire HD?
    Q. I have a Kindle Fire HD, it doesn't have any of those "daily deals" or other ads on it. But i cant seem to find a way to c...
  • samsung galaxy note wont shut off after plugged into wall charger?
    Q. anytime i plug my phone in to charge after shutting it off it will turn itself back on but it continuously vibrates about a low battery ...
  • does samsung galaxy s3 have flash player?
    Q. does it have flash player? do i need to download it or is it pre-installed? how can i install it? if it doesn't then why because i ...
  • does samsung galaxy s3 have flash player?
    Q. does it have flash player? do i need to download it or is it pre-installed? how can i install it? if it doesn't then why because i ...
  • how to upgrade samsung galaxy mini 2 gt-s6500 to jellybean?
    Q. Please provide a full step by step guide to upgrade samsung galaxy mini 2 s6500 to android jellybean And I also wants to know what is th...
  • Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 won't charge?
    Q. Hello, I'm having a serious problem with my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1, it just won't charge. When I put the plug in there's ...
  • Does Samsung Galaxy S3 mini has Corning Gorilla Glass?
    Q. Also, what kind of screen does Galaxy S3 mini has? Glass or plastic? Thanks in advance! A. Based on GSMArena.com's summary, no it d...
  • Does the samsung galaxy s3 need screen protector?
    Q. I just took the screen protector off because I couldn't take it anymore. I got the anti reflection one and it make it look so bad. A...
  • How do i download apps on my kindle fire hd without a credit card?
    Q. I got a kindle fire hd for christmas and i want to download free apps, but when i click download it says i have to do this 1 click purch...
  • Can I connect the Samsung Galaxy s3 to Virgin mobile?
    Q. I'm planning to buy the Samsung Galaxy s3 from Sprint, however I'm using virgin mobile since its cheaper. Since Virgin mobile i...
Copyright © 2012 Tablet Answers - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger