Q. I want to get the new Samsung Galaxy S4. I currently have a Pantech Pursuit and only minutes plan. I was promised I could get a new phone by my mom. However, my dad is against it. The reason I want to get a bigger, better phone is because not only does my phone not shut off, it starts typing by itself in my bag, which can be a nuisance. Also, it is way too small for my hands. I am turning 14 in a few days and next year, going to highschool. the highschool I am going to is considered a "bad school" because it has many people doing drugs, etc. I'd like texting not only to keep in touch with friends, but in the case where something serious happens and I am not allowed to call my parents, I can just text them. We have AT&T, so the cost isn't that high. Also, it's not like it's a bad time to get the new phone-- my mom needs a new phone since her iPhone is broken. My brother needs a phone as he currently doesn't have one and my parents cannot keep in contact with him. Our contract expired a few days ago, so there's no fee....
I am pretty good at learning how to use stuff in a matter of minutes to hours. My friend has the Samsung Galaxy S3 which i learned to use in a matter of minutes. I have looked at Samsung's Galaxy line for quite a while, and when the S4 came out, I researched quite a bit about it and decided it would be the phone that would be comfortable for me. iPhones is one phone that my parents are not so sure about. My mom has an iPhone and she is against me getting one. The fact that iphones sometimes turn on at times when it is clicked is a nuisance as I don't want a phone that easily turns on and plays music, especially with my school's strict rules. Also, iPhones are kind of small for my hands. It is difficult to type into and the screen is small. Also, the iPhone buttons are annoying as sometimes it won't work if you use it often.
@sam
Just because I don't tell you all my life details does not mean that I don't do many of the things you listed...
For one, I already stated I did NOT want the iPhone, but the Samsung Galaxy S4.
I got my first phone when I was in 3rd grade (8 years old) because my parents were working all day and we did not have a landline phone.
Also, I DO work, starting at age 12, at my parents' restaurant to help pay for my college fee and my own needs (food, school bills, etc.). Also, I CAN pay for my phone bill, however, my phone is linked to my parents' account, who REFUSE to let me pay for my phone bill. Why? Because, I should be saving up to pay for half of my college tuition. Just because there is "nothing anybody can do" about you and your phone, my parents control what I can and cannot do. Since I am underage, I am also unable to sign my own contract.
And how exactly do I sound like a spoiled brat, considering I pay for what I pretty much use on a day-to-day
A. Try to convince your parents that at 14 you live in a different world than they did when they were your age. You are part of a generation that relies on being easily connected to all of your friends and aquatints. Also in the adult world there is more and more of an expectation to have a cell phone to call people, text people, use GPS Services, connect using facebook, twitter, and email, doing all of your banking needs from your phone, and to stay as updated as possible on current events, and take pictures and video in events such as car accidents.
Convince your parents that in the next 15 years having a smartphone WILL BE A REQUIREMENT AND EXPECTATION IN THE REAL WORLD and that it is best to learn how to use a smartphone while you are young so you will be ready for the digital world when you graduate high school.
As a teenager it is very frustrating because parents are set in their ways and don't understand that the world changes with every generation but just keep trying and be patient.
I really want a new phone but my dad wont get it?
Q. So, my dad need to use my upgrade cause my oldest bro used his already. That brother is getting an iPhone this year like my other bro, and my dad is getting the S4 (Samsung Galaxy 4). So,, I asked him to get me the Windows phone, but he said no case I'm the youngest (13) and he would have to pay more. But what I don't get is that he would still be paying the same amount he is now, right? HELLLPPP. Xx
Whoops I wrote 13 by mistake I'm 15 sorry.
A. I can think of few ways
1- try convinsing ur mom, if not for full money atleast for a part
2- do same with ur dad .
3- save sme money urself
atlast u may have enough.....
how to connect internet from laptop to phone?*android phone?
Q. i use samsung galaxy young phone it has android. i want to connect internet from my laptop im using USB internet to my android phone. can anyone tell me how can i connect it?
A. You can't use USB on the phone to connect it to the internet. With the appropriate service you can use the phone to provide an internet connection from its 3G or 4G network to the laptop either as a wireless hotspot or through USB "tethering" but not the other way around. If you are using the laptop's USB connection to connect to a modem or other device for internet and its WiFi adapter is not in use you can set the laptop up with Internet Connection Sharing as a hotspot that the phone can then connect to. If you don't want to set that up manually there are various freeware programs that will take care of it for you. However if you are using the laptop's WiFi adapter as your internet connection then you cannot use it as a hotspot - but if that is the case then you can connect your phone to the same Wireless Access Point or wireless router your laptop is connected to.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Title : How to get my parents to get me a smartphone?
Description : Q. I want to get the new Samsung Galaxy S4. I currently have a Pantech Pursuit and only minutes plan. I was promised I could get a new phon...