• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Tablet Answers

Your online source for your tablet problems.

  • Home
  • Apple
    • iPad
    • iPad 2
    • iPad 3
    • iPad 4
    • iPad Mini
    • iPad Apps
    • iPad Accessories
  • Amazon Kindle
    • Kindle
    • Kindle Touch
    • Kindle DX
    • Kindle Paperwhite
    • Kindle Fire
    • Kindle HD
    • Kindle Apps
    • Kindle Books
    • Kindle Accessories
  • Samsung
    • Galaxy Tab
    • Galaxy Note
    • Smartphones
    • Accessories
  • Operating System
    • Android
    • iOS
    • Windows Mobile
Home » Android Root » How to tell if my Android phone is rooted?

How to tell if my Android phone is rooted?

Q. I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S i9000 using Kingo Android ROOT. How do I confirm if my phone has been successfully rooted?

A. You know all that bloatware you'll never use (ThinkFree.apk)? You won't be able to get rid of it if your phone's not rooted.

Original Question

How do you safely root or jailbreak your droid captivate glide?
Q. I'm really wanting a one-click easy root. And possibly one I could uninstall in case I don't necessarily like my phone rooted. I'm honestly really tech-y, I just don't want to risk messing up my phone. I downloaded a program last year and it was on my computer and all I had to do was plug my phone into my computer to root it, and I could easily unroot it if I wanted.. Would anyone know the name of this, because I erased it and forgot the name. Or just any simple, reversible Android Root options. Please and thank you!!!

A. You call yourself "tech-y", but you want a one click root method? That doesn't make you techy. It only means that you want to find the easy way out of a problem that you have. Have you tried looking at forums like XDA-Developers or Rootzwiki and looking for your phone? Look at XDA-Developers and look for the Captivate Glide and search the rest up yourself.

There is no safe way to root your phone (jailbreaking is for iOS devices), but if you follow the instructions that are at the website, then you SHOULD be able to succeed.

Here's the website to get the guide to root your Captivate Glide. Now do the rest of the work on your own.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1621350

Original Question

Can i somehow emulate my androids screen on my pc? the screen is completely broken?
Q. My android (Rooted cm7 HTC incredible) Has a broken screen. I cannot select any options like turn on usb debugging,or mass storage. Is there a way i can emulate my phone so i can use it to retreive files from locked or hidden folders and apps?

A. of course, as long as you have android debugging bridge and its set up once your phone boots up you have total control, my original droid fell and the screen doesnt turn on
just go to your command prompt -> type in adb devices to make sure your device is there -> then type in
adb pull / /sdcard/(Folder name for total backup)
Let it run, it will copy everything and anything you want and don't want
Special files u will want to keep would mostly be the data/app (All of your regular apps you downloaded)
/data/data/com. android. providers. telephony/databases/mmssms.db (Your text messages)
If you have other areas of the phone you want to keep you can mostly google them up
Best of luck

PS. A ton of people have an issue with using adb, just make sure after installing it that you add adb to your enviroment variables, the platform tools folder (Your cmd adds the folder to its local commands basically)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on Monday, December 30, 2013 - Rating: 4.5
Title : How to tell if my Android phone is rooted?
Description : Q. I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S i9000 using Kingo Android ROOT. How do I confirm if my phone has been successfully rooted? A. You know all...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter

0 Response to "How to tell if my Android phone is rooted?"

Post a Comment

Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • How do you change the lock screen wallpaper on my Kindle Fire HD?
    Q. I have a Kindle Fire HD, it doesn't have any of those "daily deals" or other ads on it. But i cant seem to find a way to c...
  • samsung galaxy note wont shut off after plugged into wall charger?
    Q. anytime i plug my phone in to charge after shutting it off it will turn itself back on but it continuously vibrates about a low battery ...
  • does samsung galaxy s3 have flash player?
    Q. does it have flash player? do i need to download it or is it pre-installed? how can i install it? if it doesn't then why because i ...
  • does samsung galaxy s3 have flash player?
    Q. does it have flash player? do i need to download it or is it pre-installed? how can i install it? if it doesn't then why because i ...
  • how to upgrade samsung galaxy mini 2 gt-s6500 to jellybean?
    Q. Please provide a full step by step guide to upgrade samsung galaxy mini 2 s6500 to android jellybean And I also wants to know what is th...
  • Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 won't charge?
    Q. Hello, I'm having a serious problem with my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1, it just won't charge. When I put the plug in there's ...
  • Does Samsung Galaxy S3 mini has Corning Gorilla Glass?
    Q. Also, what kind of screen does Galaxy S3 mini has? Glass or plastic? Thanks in advance! A. Based on GSMArena.com's summary, no it d...
  • Does the samsung galaxy s3 need screen protector?
    Q. I just took the screen protector off because I couldn't take it anymore. I got the anti reflection one and it make it look so bad. A...
  • How do i download apps on my kindle fire hd without a credit card?
    Q. I got a kindle fire hd for christmas and i want to download free apps, but when i click download it says i have to do this 1 click purch...
  • Can I connect the Samsung Galaxy s3 to Virgin mobile?
    Q. I'm planning to buy the Samsung Galaxy s3 from Sprint, however I'm using virgin mobile since its cheaper. Since Virgin mobile i...
Copyright © 2012 Tablet Answers - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger