Q. Hi, I would like to play with OTG on my SGS3. I do not have the official Samsung OTG accessory, but I figured that the charging cable, a female to female USB adapter, and a powered hub would do. However, it doesn't work. I've tried two different flash drives (FAT formatted) and a wired mouse that I am sure work. I can transfer data with the cable. I have no way to try the USB adapter though. Any advice?
A. check demo... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46IiRyigUH0
Good luck!
will a screen protector for a different phone model work on my phone?
Q. My phone (the lg optimus logic) does not have screen protectors anywhere. I've searched multiple websites so I was considering getting one for a phone that's larger than mine, such as the galaxy s3 (http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php). will this work if I cut it down to the size of my phone?
A. These types of phone accessories normally come with a listing on the box of what model phones they are compatible with. While most smartphones these days look very similar to each other, there are subtle differences that make one type of protector incompatible with many phones.
Based on your question, you are trying to use a protector that is made for a larger phone on a smaller device. There is a very high degree of probability that the protector will not be compatible with your smartphone.
Can Sprint legally charge me for fixing my phone?
Q. I dropped my phone a few days ago and broke the LCD screen inside the phone (nothing else broken). I talked to a sprint support person over their chat feature on their site and asked if I had insurance. This is word for word what they told me:
"I would request you to take the phone to the nearest Sprint repair center.The tech experts will check it and if it is repairable they will repair it at free of cost as you have insurance and if it is damaged beyond repairable then they will help you in getting the replacement phone by insurance."
Then I asked about a deductable:
"Yes.you will be required to pay the deductible of the phone when you get the replacement phone.the deductible of Samsung Galaxy S III (SPH-L710) is $150.00"
At the store, I was told I was misinformed and that I could get a new phone through insurance for $150, I can buy $150 worth of accessories from the Sprint store and they will fix it for me there, or I can pay the insurance $150 to send my phone to them to be repaired.
Because sprint emails you a copy of your chat conversations with their support, I have it documented that they told me it would be no charge if they could fix it which they told me they could. Do I have to legally pay them to fix my phone?
A. I'm not sure about what they told you at the sprint store but my understanding is so long as you have insurance, any accident or theft to the phone you can get it replaced for the $150 deductible. As far as buying $150 equivalent of accessories and having it fixed there sounds fishy. I would opt just to get a new phone rather than having it repaired.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Title : How to use OTG on Samsung Galaxy S III (international)?
Description : Q. Hi, I would like to play with OTG on my SGS3. I do not have the official Samsung OTG accessory, but I figured that the charging cable, a...