• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Tablet Answers

Your online source for your tablet problems.

  • Home
  • Apple
    • iPad
    • iPad 2
    • iPad 3
    • iPad 4
    • iPad Mini
    • iPad Apps
    • iPad Accessories
  • Amazon Kindle
    • Kindle
    • Kindle Touch
    • Kindle DX
    • Kindle Paperwhite
    • Kindle Fire
    • Kindle HD
    • Kindle Apps
    • Kindle Books
    • Kindle Accessories
  • Samsung
    • Galaxy Tab
    • Galaxy Note
    • Smartphones
    • Accessories
  • Operating System
    • Android
    • iOS
    • Windows Mobile
Home » iPad keyboard » Can an iPad keyboard (almost) replace my laptop?

Can an iPad keyboard (almost) replace my laptop?

Q. I am an elementary teacher and use my MacBook Pro for downloading and printing materials (PDFs) for my students and typing notes for my college courses. I also use either my laptop or iPad for email, videos and facebook. If I purchase a keyboard for my iPad, how will that change my usage? I would really like to be able to transition to using the iPad more, but I don't want to purchase a keyboard if it is not going to be useful to me. Is the ClamCase Pro a good recommendation for something travel friendly?

A. There are many key differences when using an Ipad versus a MacBook Pro, but most of them seem not to be something you should concern yourself with. I would recommend trying to use the ipad for a few download and print tests with the websites that you mainly get your material (PDFS or such) from. Also if you routinely have to do school work using your MacBook the iPad may not be able to log into certain web portals that are hosted by educational institutions. The iPad's operating system is different than the MacBooks and might not be able to handle the websites or file formats you use.

If you can visit all of your necessary web sites and print materials without any hassle then the keyboard is something you should definitely purchase. When it comes to purchasing the right one, there are a few things to consider.

First off, I expect the main reason you want to transition to the iPad and get rid of the MacBook (instead of just using the MacBook) is for portability reasons. The iPad is smaller, lighter and generally easier to carry around or store. If you were to purchase the ClamCase Pro that would make your iPad into a bulkier (although tougher) product, so you're really just trading your MacBook for a slower Macbook... get something more like what I have linked below. It is more of a standard cover size for iPad's so you will get the keyboard, have a screen protector, and not add considerably to the size and weight of your iPad. Plus they look sleek.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H9460LL/A/logitech-ultrathin-keyboard-cover-for-ipad-2-and-new-ipad?fnode=3e

Be sure to purchase the right type of keyboard for YOUR iPad, the one I linked may not match depending on your model but you can shop for them directly from Apple's store. Don't skimp on the price and get a super cheap one, just chalk up the cost to a "quality upgrade." :)

Good luck!

Original Question

What is a good quality ipad keyboard case?
Q. I want to get an ipad keyboard case for my boyfriend for Christmas but I honestly don't know what would be a good brand to go with. I have looked online but all I have found is mixed reviews on products. I want a durable keyboard case that isn't too pricey. Please help!

A. How about this Ipad 2 Built in Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Leather Protetive Case Black . ( http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Leather-Protetive/dp/B0093IXG56/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&m=A3B2TI7VODXUEA&qid=1353724087&s=generic&sr=1-18 )

I used to buy a pink one for myself. But if you want to get one for your BF, the black one would be better.

Original Question

iPad keyboard question?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Q. Ok so i had a question about the keyboard and the iPad. I was wondering that if you got the camera pack and you used the usb adapter and plugged a usb keyboard into it would it work??? Also would a webcam work if you pluggde it into the usb adapter??
i dont mean the usb adapter i mean the thing that comes with this here: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE&mco=MTcyMTgxODY

A. Update: Yes I know, I specifically talked about both the USB adapter and the camera connection kit (see below). Neither the USB adaptor nor the Camera adapter can be used to for live video or to connect third party peripherals.

In order to use an external keyboard, you must purchase the Apple iPad Keyboard Dock:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/IPAD_KBDOCK?mco=MTc0MjU1NTI
I don't believe there is any alternative right now.

The iPad USB adapter allows you to charge and sync iPad with your computer. It is not used to connect cameras, printers or other peripherals to iPad.

The camera connection kit will allow you to import photos from your digital camera, it does not connect to webcams for live video or connect to any other computer peripheral.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - Rating: 4.5
Title : Can an iPad keyboard (almost) replace my laptop?
Description : Q. I am an elementary teacher and use my MacBook Pro for downloading and printing materials (PDFs) for my students and typing notes for my ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter

0 Response to "Can an iPad keyboard (almost) replace my laptop?"

Post a Comment

Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • How do you change the lock screen wallpaper on my Kindle Fire HD?
    Q. I have a Kindle Fire HD, it doesn't have any of those "daily deals" or other ads on it. But i cant seem to find a way to c...
  • samsung galaxy note wont shut off after plugged into wall charger?
    Q. anytime i plug my phone in to charge after shutting it off it will turn itself back on but it continuously vibrates about a low battery ...
  • does samsung galaxy s3 have flash player?
    Q. does it have flash player? do i need to download it or is it pre-installed? how can i install it? if it doesn't then why because i ...
  • does samsung galaxy s3 have flash player?
    Q. does it have flash player? do i need to download it or is it pre-installed? how can i install it? if it doesn't then why because i ...
  • how to upgrade samsung galaxy mini 2 gt-s6500 to jellybean?
    Q. Please provide a full step by step guide to upgrade samsung galaxy mini 2 s6500 to android jellybean And I also wants to know what is th...
  • Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 won't charge?
    Q. Hello, I'm having a serious problem with my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1, it just won't charge. When I put the plug in there's ...
  • Does Samsung Galaxy S3 mini has Corning Gorilla Glass?
    Q. Also, what kind of screen does Galaxy S3 mini has? Glass or plastic? Thanks in advance! A. Based on GSMArena.com's summary, no it d...
  • Does the samsung galaxy s3 need screen protector?
    Q. I just took the screen protector off because I couldn't take it anymore. I got the anti reflection one and it make it look so bad. A...
  • How do i download apps on my kindle fire hd without a credit card?
    Q. I got a kindle fire hd for christmas and i want to download free apps, but when i click download it says i have to do this 1 click purch...
  • Can I connect the Samsung Galaxy s3 to Virgin mobile?
    Q. I'm planning to buy the Samsung Galaxy s3 from Sprint, however I'm using virgin mobile since its cheaper. Since Virgin mobile i...
Copyright © 2012 Tablet Answers - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger