Q. I have the retina display ipad mini and I want to get a hard shell case for it but will original ipad mini cases work? I know there is a really small change in sizing like 1mm or 2 when I asked the guy at apple he said I could use old cases but he seemed unsure. Idk. Also if you know any fairly cheap/ cute ones please leave links!! Thanks:)
A. Yes, the display cases are pretty much the same size. The original iPad mini has these dimensions: 7.87 inches (height) x 5.3 inches (width) x 0.28 inch (depth).
iPad mini with retina display has the exact same height and weight. The only difference is in the depth, which is 0.29 inch. That's a difference of 0.3 mm or 0.01 inch between iPad mini and iPad mini 2, which is almost negligible.
The diagonal screen size of both iPads are also the same at 7.9 inches. I use the display cases from Incipio.
What is the best ipad case for a child?
Q. My son has autism, and I just bought him an ipad. I'm now worried about him breaking it..Anyone know of great case??
A. They have Back Cases for iPad's that are even compatible with Apple's Smart Cover. I have seen them at Best Buy. I'm pretty sure it was about $20. But, it will not protect against a high drop, or any drop onto a hard floor/surface.
There are cases like this that zip up, and are a little thicker and more padded, which may protect against a drop from a couple of feet, onto a soft floor or something. http://store.apple.com/us/product/H1553ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU2Mjc
($70)
Just know, there is no case in the world that can stop an iPad from breaking if it is dropped... It is too large, too thin, and much too fragile. Once it's dropped the screen will crack no matter what kind of protection you have on it.
I hope I helped!
What kind of iPad case should I get?
Q. I'm getting an iPad 2 for Christmas and I'm really excited haha. But I want a really cool case that will protect it. I really like neon colors, but I don't want the smart cover because it doesn't look like it would offer much protection if I dropped the iPad. So like I said, I want neon colors, good protection, and I think it would be pretty cool to have one of those fold-able cases with a built in keyboard. Preferably made of something like leather or rubber, not a hard plastic clamshell. Thanks!
A. different kinds of ipad case you can find here , I have bought from them.very cool!
http://www.tradec21.com/ipad-2-3_c1495
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Title : Are iPad mini retina display cases the same as ipad mini?
Description : Q. I have the retina display ipad mini and I want to get a hard shell case for it but will original ipad mini cases work? I know there is ...