Q.
A. I'm pretty sure some ipad models can store more ebooks - but considering a kindle can store thousands it wouldn't be an important criteria for me (plus you can temporary delete books from the device but keep them on the amazon cloud).
I think the bigger thing to consider is that devices like the ipad or galaxy are not really great ebook readers since they have backlit screens that will cause eye-strain... whereas the kindle screen is like real paper with no artificial light beaming into your eyes. I can look at my kindle screen all day without strain, but 30 minutes with an ipad and I have a headache.
You can get a good deal on the latest kindle DX here:
http://www.syncpedia.com/goto/kindle_3_dx
You could also consider the last generation DX, which is available at a discount:
http://www.syncpedia.com/goto/kindle_2_dx
The older DX is great as an ebook reader - but if you also want to heavily use the web I would totally go for the latest as it has a much better web browser.
Should I get a Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet or a Kindle Fire HD 7"?
Q. I'm and Amazon Prime member and streaming free stuff at Amazon is a big deal to me but cracking, hacking and doing things like that is also a big deal to me. I like the bigger HD of the Kindle and the Samsung is only 8 gb
What do you think?
A. Well if I was at your place.. I find no perfect reason to not to go for the Kindle Fire HD.
Comments on Galaxy Tab 2 vs Kindle Fire HD - Comparison should be helpful:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2VDGCODFRJH86/?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B0083PWAPW&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&nodeID=&tag=aajems-20
The basic advantages that a Kindle Fire HD has are like:
- 1280*800 HD Display (vs non-HD display @1024*600 pixels)
- Front Facing HD camera (vs Front facing VGA camera)
- Dual WiFi antenna for faster streaming and downloads
- Digital dolby audio speakers
Galaxy Tab 2 has pros like:
- microSD slot
- Dual Camera
Does the kindle fire have the same apps and the samsung galaxy player?
Q. I have enough money for one of the devices. The family got a kindle Fire and i love it but i never get to play it so i can get my own with my money. Then my Dad showed me the Samsung Galaxy Player and i liked it too. Is the Kindle Fire bigger than an 5'' Samsung Galaxy Player? And which one has better apps? HELP!!!!!!!
A. The galaxy player has many more apps (300,000) than the kindle fire. The galaxy player is also faster and will be better for gaming aswell as listening to musice. Plus it comes with 3 speakers and a microfone so i can use it as a fone with wifi. It also comes with a gps chip so u can ise it as a gos (without wifi), it also has bluetooth so u can wirelessly sync media from ur computer to ur device. It comes with an fm radio so u can use radio anywhere no matter wat and it has two cameras so u can take pictures, videos, and video chat with people using apps like skype, tango, and qik. All of these things cannot be done with a kindle fire. And u will really enjoy having this device. The first commenter is an apple fanboy and lied about most of his statements toward the galaxy player. If it helps i have an iphone 4, ipad 2, and a galaxy player. And the galaxy player 5.0 is smaller than the kindle fire.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Title : Can tablets like Ipad 2 and Samsung Galaxy hold just as many e-books as the Kindle DX?
Description : Q. A. I'm pretty sure some ipad models can store more ebooks - but considering a kindle can store thousands it wouldn't be an impo...