Q. I bought both separately and can't seem to play them together. I'm trying to listen while I read along. I have the 1st gen. Kindle
A. I love answering kindle questions, it's by far one of my favorite devices that i keep in my bag.
For starters and most importantly I own the Kindle 2 (soon to be upgrading to the Kindle DX), and it is easy for me to say I love it! I think I've read over 20 books so far.
There are other reviews on the Kindle 2 here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Y27P3M?ie=UTF8&tag=knicks0af-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002Y27P3M
And for the Kindle DX:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Y27P3M?ie=UTF8&tag=knicks0af-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002Y27P3M
I love my Kindle because it has helped me improve a lot on my efficiency and utilize my time. Before I owned the Kindle, waiting time like when I'm waiting for friends or waiting for shuttle bus or some thing like that is simply wasted. Now I just need to bring the Kindle 2 along with me. Another thing I like the most is the text-to-speech function, which means I can "read" books without even holding or looking at the Kindle. Now I like to use this function when I've myself busy on some boring things, say when I'm on the step machine or doing some housework...
I like reading and at the beginning I missed a bit on the feeling of reading books. But now I love to hold the Kindle, the e-ink seems to work very well, it is really like reading books... Now I often read with the Kindle for several hours but I don't feel tired.
I linked your directly to the Kindle Store on amazon.com! I really do hope you consider getting your own =)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Y27P3M?ie=UTF8&tag=knicks0af-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002Y27P3M
does the Amazon kindle thing read to you (audio book)?
Q.
A. you can download an audio book to it and listen to that or it will read text to you. If it is reading text to you it has a robot/computer voice that is not very nice. I recommend downloading actual audio books to listen to.
How is the kindle with audio books?
Q. Trying to figure if I should get a kindle or just keep using my laptop for audio books. Does it hold a lot? Download them fairly quick from amazon market?
A. You would be better off downloading audiobooks to your phone. It would be much more portable and easier to use. You can download the Kindle app to your phone if you want to download books in Kindle format.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Title : How do you listen to an audio-book while the text of the book is up on the Kindle?
Description : Q. I bought both separately and can't seem to play them together. I'm trying to listen while I read along. I have the 1st gen. Kin...