• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Tablet Answers

Your online source for your tablet problems.

  • Home
  • Apple
    • iPad
    • iPad 2
    • iPad 3
    • iPad 4
    • iPad Mini
    • iPad Apps
    • iPad Accessories
  • Amazon Kindle
    • Kindle
    • Kindle Touch
    • Kindle DX
    • Kindle Paperwhite
    • Kindle Fire
    • Kindle HD
    • Kindle Apps
    • Kindle Books
    • Kindle Accessories
  • Samsung
    • Galaxy Tab
    • Galaxy Note
    • Smartphones
    • Accessories
  • Operating System
    • Android
    • iOS
    • Windows Mobile
Home » Kindle Stylus » is the kindle fire good for drawing?

is the kindle fire good for drawing?

Q. I'm looking to buy my girlfriend (a very talented artist) a pad so she can draw and I came accross these ad's on craigslist about kindle fire but my only concern is that they don't provide enough functions for her drawing and painting needs. Can anyone tell me how good the drawing apps are? price for the apps are not a problem either I just want to find her a really good one.

A. Kindle Fire,
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Amazon-tablet/dp/B0083Q04IQ

these devices are originally for reading as a Reader device, not drawing or doodling,

you may move up to iPad or Android savvy devices, with some better support for image edit Apps,
even then , limitation requiring added stylus, and compatible tools, and possibly web service, to use online Apps,

from there, you're looking at actual portable laptop with Painter or Photoshop type programs,
__________

if not digital devices, and significant other is into arts, figure out which medium, and buy actual paints or paper and or clay, and tools for real artwork,
..

Original Question

What all can an iPod touch 3rd generation do?
Q. I'm thinking of getting an iPod touch 3rd generation because my Nano got screwed up:(
But I really have no idea what it does, or how good it is.. I don't even know what the 1st iPod touch does haha. I'm not like bad with technology or anything, I just don't know what they do. So yeah, what all does it do? and what apps can I get? and if you have one, how good is it? like is it amazing? lol. :] thanks

A. The two big differences between the iPod Touch and the rest of the iPod models are that the Touch has wi-fi connectivity and a touchscreen. It cannot connect to cellular unless you buy Mi-Fi for about $80 and pay $60 a month for the service, just so you know. That being said, wi-fi can't bounce from tower to tower like cellular so it can only connect while logged on to a wireless network. If you have a wireless network at home, you're good. It doesn't cost more for more devices or more computers. If you don't have a wireless network at home, you can get a wireless router and create a network or you can connect at public hot-spots. Some are free, some aren't. Some are only free if you already have service from that provider. An example, though it's no longer applicable; McDonald's wi-fi used to be free only to AT&T DSL subscribers. Others had to pay per use. It's free now though, even without an AT&T internet service. Okay, so the touchscreen; kind of self-explanatory. Some people really don't like using one and some, like my dad, don't do well with it because their hands are huge. They're hard to find, but you can get a stylus for it. Now, apps; there over currently over 157,000 apps in umpteen different categories including Social, Music, Games, Books and so on. There are lots of free apps and obviously, also lots of paid apps. Free ones in some cases are the only ones, such as Kindle or Pandora. Others have free and paid versions such as games. A free version might be lite or just a trial. Either way, it's likely financed by advertising where as the paid version is ad free and still better developed with better support.

For what it is and what it does, it's great. Is it amazing? I don't think so. Virtually everything it does can be done some other way. The only reason I have one is for Kindle e-books. I have a Sony reader but the two e-book stores are so proprietary that there are times when one is better than the other, or in most cases Kindle e-books are significantly lower priced. Because it will still be years before 3g is available where I am, and because I already have hundreds into my other reader, I won't be buying a Kindle device and reading on a computer leaves a lot to be desired. So I read Kindle e-books on the iPod Touch. I frequently use it for Slacker and Pandora though I can do both of those on my computer too. I have the 160GB iPod Classic which, because of its insanely huge capacity, is my iPod of choice when I want to rock & roll; but I do have some music on the Touch just so I don't have to have two devices with me if I might be kept waiting at an appointment or something.

Now, as for all the shareware pushers who are going to tell you that you don't have to pay for music, they're wrong, they don't care about you, they're incredibly ignorant and/or maybe they've just been lucky so far. The reality is that downloading copyrighted content without paying for it is illegal and extremely unsafe, except in the case of special promotion with the rights holder's permission. Such is the case with iTunes Single of the Week, free trials, Amazon's freebies, etc. Shareware is loaded with spyware, trojans, viruses, you name it. It will take out your computer faster than you know what hit it and at $129 a pop for remote removal, you could have bought a lot of safe and legal music instead. As for its legality, juries have been passing down multi-million dollar judgments and the courts are upholding them. Trust me, you don't want to go there.

Original Question

Can I use a stylus pen on tablets and e-readers like iPad, Kindle, and such?
Q. Saw a Samsung ads on TV. Not sure if it's a tablet or a smartphone though. Also saw designers on Project Runway use it. Would be convenient to draw stuff on a tablet. The cellphone is a little too small.

A. Stylus pen will not work on Ipad, but it will work on Kindle, Galaxy tab, Asus Transformer.
As for the TV ad, I think you saw Samsung Galaxy Note. Galaxy Note is the only device which will make you confused whether it is a tablet or a smartphone. Lol...

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 - Rating: 4.5
Title : is the kindle fire good for drawing?
Description : Q. I'm looking to buy my girlfriend (a very talented artist) a pad so she can draw and I came accross these ad's on craigslist abou...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter

0 Response to "is the kindle fire good for drawing?"

Post a Comment

Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • How do you change the lock screen wallpaper on my Kindle Fire HD?
    Q. I have a Kindle Fire HD, it doesn't have any of those "daily deals" or other ads on it. But i cant seem to find a way to c...
  • samsung galaxy note wont shut off after plugged into wall charger?
    Q. anytime i plug my phone in to charge after shutting it off it will turn itself back on but it continuously vibrates about a low battery ...
  • does samsung galaxy s3 have flash player?
    Q. does it have flash player? do i need to download it or is it pre-installed? how can i install it? if it doesn't then why because i ...
  • does samsung galaxy s3 have flash player?
    Q. does it have flash player? do i need to download it or is it pre-installed? how can i install it? if it doesn't then why because i ...
  • how to upgrade samsung galaxy mini 2 gt-s6500 to jellybean?
    Q. Please provide a full step by step guide to upgrade samsung galaxy mini 2 s6500 to android jellybean And I also wants to know what is th...
  • Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 won't charge?
    Q. Hello, I'm having a serious problem with my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1, it just won't charge. When I put the plug in there's ...
  • Does Samsung Galaxy S3 mini has Corning Gorilla Glass?
    Q. Also, what kind of screen does Galaxy S3 mini has? Glass or plastic? Thanks in advance! A. Based on GSMArena.com's summary, no it d...
  • Does the samsung galaxy s3 need screen protector?
    Q. I just took the screen protector off because I couldn't take it anymore. I got the anti reflection one and it make it look so bad. A...
  • How do i download apps on my kindle fire hd without a credit card?
    Q. I got a kindle fire hd for christmas and i want to download free apps, but when i click download it says i have to do this 1 click purch...
  • Can I connect the Samsung Galaxy s3 to Virgin mobile?
    Q. I'm planning to buy the Samsung Galaxy s3 from Sprint, however I'm using virgin mobile since its cheaper. Since Virgin mobile i...
Copyright © 2012 Tablet Answers - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger