• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Tablet Answers

Your online source for your tablet problems.

  • Home
  • Apple
    • iPad
    • iPad 2
    • iPad 3
    • iPad 4
    • iPad Mini
    • iPad Apps
    • iPad Accessories
  • Amazon Kindle
    • Kindle
    • Kindle Touch
    • Kindle DX
    • Kindle Paperwhite
    • Kindle Fire
    • Kindle HD
    • Kindle Apps
    • Kindle Books
    • Kindle Accessories
  • Samsung
    • Galaxy Tab
    • Galaxy Note
    • Smartphones
    • Accessories
  • Operating System
    • Android
    • iOS
    • Windows Mobile
Home » Samsung Galaxy Keep » what are cool apps for my s4 galaxy?

what are cool apps for my s4 galaxy?

Q. i am brand new to these high tech phones. got me the samsung galaxy s4 and im learning how to use it. what are some cool apps to download. i have zedge for ringtones and pandora for music but what else would you recommend?

A. Apps and Widgets that I use
1. News
a. News Republic*- news from all sources and in different languages too with notifications
b. Appy Geek*- tech news from different sources and notifications
c. Sportacular -Yahoo sports app that can notify you of matches your team is playing
d. Yahoo Weather*-Great weather app
e. BBC News*- a great news app that has news from all over the world
f. Flipboard*- A beautiful news app with a different user experience
g. Sports Republic*-a news app for just sport and you can customise the topics on your home screen
2. Games
a. Androidify-create your own Android that resembles you
b. Angry Birds Star Wars- A great mixture of all the Angry Birds to make an amazing app that can keep you busy for hours
c. The Maze Extravaganza- a relatively unknown app that I enjoy, it's simple and addictive
3. Productivity
a. Evernote*- a great note keeping app
b. Keep- Google's evernote File Manager-A great file manager that can connect to your cloud storage accounts
c. Easy Downloader Pro- Download all sorts of files from you browser
d. Tasks/Tasks Free*- Google tasks on android. Make tasks for yourself with due dates
e. Google Drive*-great app to write documents and great cloud storage
4. Media
a. Moboplayer- a great video player that plays virtually all types of video files
b. Google Play Music*-a great music player but you can also get music here or upload it onto your phone from the computer.
5. Tools
a. TeslaLED Flashlight*- a great flashlight to brighten up any dark place
b. Alarm Clock Xtreme/Free*-the best I've ever tried
c. AVG/ Lookout Security and Antivirus- the best antiviruses for Android
d. Go Power Master*-an app that helps you manage your battery efficiently
6. Personalization
a. Nova Launcher/ Prime- a great, quick and customizable launcher with different themes available
b. WidgetLocker Lockscreen- a great lock screen replacement that had all sorts of themes and you can put widgets and apps onto it. It's amazing
c. Go Launcher EX- Has loads of themes but is slower than Nova but still a good laucher considering it's free
7.Communication
Whatsapp- a great messenger without ads that is free for a year and then $0.99 a year
Skype- great way of communicating with friends and family completely free
Yahoo Mail- If you have a Yahoo account this app is an amazing email app
Yahoo Messenger- an app that can be used to message your Yahoo contacts
Viber- a great app that can be used to make calls and send messages to friends and family
Kik Messenger-another messenger
Outlook- connect your Outlook account to this app to receive emails on your android
8. Widgets
a. Any app with a * beside it
b. Zooper Widget Pro- an app with a wide range of cool widgets.
c. BobClockD3- a clock widget that's different
d. Minimalistic text-minimalistic widgets for your home screen
e. Android Photo Widget (free)- a slideshow widget

For the links to these apps go to
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JVnr1_7gObIDE68a8YLR5-o_JxWNJhwYOKrowjy9Tx0/edit

Hope this helped

Original Question

Should i get the new htc one or galaxy s4 or the iphone 5 for tmobile?
Q. I want one that has better features but not sure which

A. I would go iPhone 5 or GS4. To narrow it down to them, the iPhone 5 is the winner. Here's pros and cons to both:


iPhone 5- pros
Thinner
Lighter
Better looking display
More apps
Will keep getting software updates for at least 8 more years
siri is better than S- voice
'Murican!
Better camera for low - light conditions
brighter camera flash
better call quality
better music player
itunes and icloud support

cons-

smaller screen
camera does not have a lot of extra features
boring OS
no NFC

Samsung Galaxy s4

Pros-

bigger, brighter screen
better camera for good lighting conditions & zoomed in photos
NFC
lots of extra camera features
faster
pause videos with your eyes
scroll with your eyes
do lots more stuff with your eyes
better front camera
more customizable user interface

cons-

very, very big (hard to fit in some pockets, for some hard to hold in one hand)
stops receiving software updates after a couple of years
less apps
not 'Murican!
made of plastic (cheap feel)
NFC doesn't work well
too many useless features
doesn't come with good headphones
less s4 cases available then iPhone 5

So in the end, I would go with the iPhone 5. I have tried the Galaxy s4 for a couple of days, but reminded me too much of the Galaxy s3 which i didn't like and traded for my current phone, the iPhone 5. Hope I helped!

Original Question

Trying to send email from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab?
Q. I keep getting the message, your account name and password do not match when I try to send a message. I've have been using the same settings for over a year and no problems until today.

A. Hi there,

I have included an article that provides further information and may assist you with this matter.

Problems signing in to mobile apps and webpages
http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2617&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT

Hope this helps. Cheers!

27 Cities. 20 Music Acts. 10 Comedians.
Come join us at http://music.yahoo.com/on-the-road

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - Rating: 4.5
Title : what are cool apps for my s4 galaxy?
Description : Q. i am brand new to these high tech phones. got me the samsung galaxy s4 and im learning how to use it. what are some cool apps to downloa...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter

0 Response to "what are cool apps for my s4 galaxy?"

Post a Comment

Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • How do you change the lock screen wallpaper on my Kindle Fire HD?
    Q. I have a Kindle Fire HD, it doesn't have any of those "daily deals" or other ads on it. But i cant seem to find a way to c...
  • samsung galaxy note wont shut off after plugged into wall charger?
    Q. anytime i plug my phone in to charge after shutting it off it will turn itself back on but it continuously vibrates about a low battery ...
  • does samsung galaxy s3 have flash player?
    Q. does it have flash player? do i need to download it or is it pre-installed? how can i install it? if it doesn't then why because i ...
  • does samsung galaxy s3 have flash player?
    Q. does it have flash player? do i need to download it or is it pre-installed? how can i install it? if it doesn't then why because i ...
  • how to upgrade samsung galaxy mini 2 gt-s6500 to jellybean?
    Q. Please provide a full step by step guide to upgrade samsung galaxy mini 2 s6500 to android jellybean And I also wants to know what is th...
  • Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 won't charge?
    Q. Hello, I'm having a serious problem with my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1, it just won't charge. When I put the plug in there's ...
  • Does Samsung Galaxy S3 mini has Corning Gorilla Glass?
    Q. Also, what kind of screen does Galaxy S3 mini has? Glass or plastic? Thanks in advance! A. Based on GSMArena.com's summary, no it d...
  • Does the samsung galaxy s3 need screen protector?
    Q. I just took the screen protector off because I couldn't take it anymore. I got the anti reflection one and it make it look so bad. A...
  • How do i download apps on my kindle fire hd without a credit card?
    Q. I got a kindle fire hd for christmas and i want to download free apps, but when i click download it says i have to do this 1 click purch...
  • Can I connect the Samsung Galaxy s3 to Virgin mobile?
    Q. I'm planning to buy the Samsung Galaxy s3 from Sprint, however I'm using virgin mobile since its cheaper. Since Virgin mobile i...
Copyright © 2012 Tablet Answers - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger