Q. I am flying from Buffalo to NYC (LGA) on Delta, and I have one carry one and my purse. The way I packed, I have my laptop in my duffle, and my iPad and cellphone in my purse. Am I allowed to have this many electronics on a plane?
A. TSA doesn't limit the amount of eletronics you can bring on board. Just make sure that all your cords are packed neatly otherwise there is a chance you could be searched. Your laptop will need to be taken out of your duffle to be xrayed at security. Additionally, everything will need to be turned off for take off and landing.
What should I ask for as my college graduation/ law school entrance present?
Q. I am trying to pick among an iPad, a smartphone (iPhone?) and an Amazon Kindle. I heard Kindle is often useful in law school.
I have a Macbook Pro that is only a year old and a stupidphone.
What do you think I should ask for? In terms of what could be fun (I like watching downloaded movies and tv-shows on my Mac) and/or useful for law school.
A. An iPad is not going to give you anything you don't already have in your Macbook Pro. It's a bit smaller/lighter but not enough to make a difference. (My wife is willing to carry a Kindle in her purse, but her iPad is too big and bulky, for example.) And for anything other than token amounts of text input, you're going to want your Macbook Pro.
So, to me the choice would be between the smart phone and a Kindle. The question then becomes: Do you want the best long-run reading experience (Kindle) or do you want to play with apps and games on your phone? If you love reading, go for the Kindle. (Definitely do not get it for apps, games, or web browsing, though, as you'll be disappointed.) Otherwise, get an iPhone or Droid.
I am thinking of buying an iPad but a couple of questions?
Q. What are the restrictions of accessing content could the iPad cause compared to just using my PC?
Is the iPad no worse or better than other tablet PC brands?
I would rather not have the uugggggh Apple! moan but rather a clear answer.
A. I've had my iPad 2 since December of 2011. I absolutely ADORE it. It's seriously like having a lightweight thin laptop without the mouse and keyboard. In fact, I'm answering this question using my iPad right now!
The other answerer is right, you DO have to do everything through Apple, BUT, however, if there's a screw up, they're always there to help and almost always compensate you for any problems you run into.
Since I've had my iPad, I haven't had a single problem. Not with the device, and not with Apple.
Pros:
Everything. (I'm a 21 year old female, I don't ask for much.) It's lightweight, portable, (I have it in my purse with me wherever I go). There are extremely useful apps in there. Also there is iBooks. You can go to JW.org and when you save their PDF Watchtower and Awake! magazines, it'll download directly to your iBooks app. (which is free by the way). Almost every single app I have was free. And there are a ton of useful apps too, not just games. The only apps I paid for (most of which where .99 - 1.99 tops) are homeopathy friendly apps that I use for work or answering questions. Medical stuff basically.
The apps I have are twitter, NWT bible, a whole BUNCH of recipe books, there is even a ''My Time'' app that helps keep track of your pioneering! How cool is that?! I also have yelp, pinterest, Youtube, skype, instagram, amazon shopping, the weather channel, a whole bunch of nutrition and fitness apps, (I'm a buff gym junkie. or trying to be haha). I love everything about this!
Typing and navigating is also extremely easy. I have friends who have blackberry playbooks, and some android run tablets and nooks, etc, and I just find the iPad a lot easier to navigate and use. But that's just me.
Cons:
The battery life is pretty good, but it could be better. It could also be because I have my iPad on the highest setting too, and the fact that I always use it. So, don't take my word for it!
The size. It's pretty big, which isn't a bad thing at all actually. But some people would be more comfortable with the iPad mini, which is exactly the same, but just a tad smaller. (And the screen and retina is actually sharper and brighter on the mini than it is on the iPad 2).
If you have any more questions, general or specific, please ask!
I'm an Apple iFreak.
:D
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Title : How many electronics am I allowed to carry onto a plane?
Description : Q. I am flying from Buffalo to NYC (LGA) on Delta, and I have one carry one and my purse. The way I packed, I have my laptop in my duffle, ...